Updated: May 21, 2019
By Thamizharasan RK
An Event Emcee is the one who hosts a live show and takes the show in a smooth flow from start to end. An Event Emcee can either present a show, deliver a speech, introduce the speakers and performers, engage with audience, provide information, entertain audience, conduct games and so on. Event Emcees are called with several other names – Stage Emcee, Master of Ceremony, Master of Ceremonies, Mistress of Ceremonies, Live Anchor, Stage Host, Compere, etc.
An Event Emcee is of great use in Birthday Parties, Corporate Team Building Activities, Conferences, Out Bound Training, Product Launches, Dealers Meet, Mall Activities, Wedding Receptions. Get together' s, Cricket Matches and other sports, Quiz Shows, etc.
In this article I would like to discuss what are the key benefits you shall get if you have an Event Emcee for your event.
Well! Now let’s straight away get into the key benefits of having an Event Emcee for your event:
· Out of his / her experience the event emcee would be able to able to help you organize the event in a smooth way. Even if you have already made the plans, the event emcee would be able to suggest some changes that will make a big difference in the event. For you, it may be your first event, but the event emcee has have done a number of similar events and hence they will be able to easily identify what would work out and what wouldn’t work out and they can give you suggestion to make the event more successful.
· An Event Emcee is able to refer you to qualified potential event managers when you want someone else to organize the entire event.
· When there are a large number of kids, it’s usually very difficult to manage the kids. Event Emcees are highly capable of handling kids through their interaction and games. Hence when you bring your kids or others bring their kids to an event, you shall be tension free as the event emcees will take care of the kids.
· At the time of the event, due to excitement or tension, you may forget a lot of things. Event emcees will be very patient and wise enough to identify what are the regular things to be taken care of and they will remind you and make sure everything gets done.
· If there is any delay in starting the event or ending the event, you shall always depend on the event emcee as a savior. A skilled event emcee always knows how to stretch the event or shorten the event based on the need and the pulse of the audience. So if you need additional time for your preparation and the audience has already arrived, an event emcee will fill in that time through his / her engagement or games.
If you have planned for any other performances like dance, magic show or something else,the event emcee helps you by taking the show in a smooth streamlined direction from introduction to the performers to getting applause for the performers after their performance. Whenever there is a delay between two performances, the event emcee fills the gap through interaction or games. Once an event is started, there shouldn’t be any lag in between. Event emcees make sure that there is no delays during the event and the tempo is maintained throughout your function.